Allflex Livestock Intelligence Launches Competition for SenseHub™ Beef Monitoring System
Beef Farmers Get Chance to Win a Heat Detection and Health-Monitoring System.
STANLEY, U.K., July 22, 2019 – Allflex Livestock Intelligence today announced a competition amongst beef farmers to celebrate the recent launch of its SenseHub™ Beef Monitoring System. Developed from the original Heatime™ heat-detection system, SenseHub Beef is the world’s first heat and health-monitoring solution that specifically analyses the real-time behaviour of beef cattle to enable the herd and individual animals to be managed more efficiently. The product enables beef farmers to stay in touch with their herd anytime and anywhere and works with housed or grazing herds and cattle located away from the farm.
SenseHub Beef lets farmers know if an animal is in distress or needs attention and monitors five key areas to increase production, improve livestock health and well-being and enhance farm profitability:
- Heat: accurate identification of the peak time for insemination to optimise conception rates and tighten the calving period.
- Health:early detection of health problems for quicker intervention and reduced drug use.
- Calving: reporting of potential difficult calving and possible post-natal health problems.
- Feed: support in defining the most suitable feeding strategy at group level, giving an accurate indication of the effectiveness of the ration or feed changes.
- Routine: monitor sudden, planned or unforeseen changes within groups to minimise negative impacts.
The competition winner will receive a SenseHub Beef monitoring system with 15 eSenseTM ear tags worth over £2400.i To enter the competition, please visit www.allflex.global/uk/win.
About Allflex Livestock Intelligence
Allflex Livestock Intelligence is the world leader in the design, development, manufacturing and delivery of solutions for animal identification, monitoring and traceability. Our data-driven solutions are used by farmers, companies and countries to manage hundreds of millions of animals worldwide. By putting intelligent, actionable management information into farmers’ hands, our solutions empower them to act in a timely manner to safeguard their animals’ health and wellbeing, while achieving optimal production outcomes for a healthy food supply. Allflex Livestock Intelligence is a Livestock portfolio of digital products within MSD Animal Health.
As the largest provider of animal identification technology, we meet growing customer needs by providing over 500 million tags for identifying, tracking and monitoring animals every year and we monitor over 5.5 million cows daily, which allows access to real-time, actionable data and insights to help improve or enhance animal management and health outcomes.
With over 60 years of experience and around 1,900 team members worldwide, we have a global network of experts, each with a great depth of experience and unparalleled knowledge, who provide a valuable resource to farmers, companies and countries. Allflex Livestock Intelligence has manufacturing and technology subsidiaries in North America, Europe, Israel, South America, China, Australia and New Zealand. Our products are distributed in over 100 countries.
Through its commitment to TheScience of Healthier Animals®, MSD Animal Health offers veterinarians, farmers, pet owners and governments one of the widest ranges of veterinary pharmaceuticals, vaccines and health management solutions and services as well as an extensive suite of digitally connected identification, traceability and monitoring products. MSD Animal Health is dedicated to preserving and improving the health, well-being and performance of animals and the people who care for them. For more information, visit www.allflex.global/uk or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.
Forward-Looking Statement of Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, N.J., USA
This news release of Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, N.J., USA (the “company”) includes “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the safe harbor provisions of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements are based upon the current beliefs and expectations of the company’s management and are subject to significant risks and uncertainties. If underlying assumptions prove inaccurate or risks or uncertainties materialize, actual results may differ materially from those set forth in the forward-looking statements.
Risks and uncertainties include but are not limited to, general industry conditions and competition; general economic factors, including interest rate and currency exchange rate fluctuations; the impact of pharmaceutical industry regulation and health care legislation in the United States and internationally; global trends toward health care cost containment; technological advances, new products and patents attained by competitors; challenges inherent in new product development, including obtaining regulatory approval; the company’s ability to accurately predict future market conditions; manufacturing difficulties or delays; financial instability of international economies and sovereign risk; dependence on the effectiveness of the company’s patents and other protections for innovative products; and the exposure to litigation, including patent litigation, and/or regulatory actions.
The company undertakes no obligation to publicly update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise. Additional factors that could cause results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements can be found in the company’s 2018 Annual Report on Form 10-K and the company’s other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) available at the SEC’s Internet site (www.sec.gov).i
Terms and Conditions:
- The Promoter is ALLFLEX UK GROUP LIMITED, 1 Greencroft Industrial Park, Stanley, County Durham, DH9 7YA.
- The Promotion is a prize draw with the winner receiving a SenseHub Beef cow monitoring system with 15 eSense tags.
- No purchase is required.
- Internet connection and compatible PC or mobile device required for installation. Costs incurred for internet connectivity and the availability of a compatible PC or mobile device to be borne by the winner. Installation cost FOC. Further eSense tags or cSense collars to be purchased from an authorised dealer at prevailing RRP.
- The Promotion start date is 23rd May 2019 and ends midnight on 31st October 2019.
- To qualify to enter the competition you must be resident in the United Kingdom or Republic of Ireland.
- Employees of Allflex Group UK Limited or any associated company are not eligible to enter the competition.
- Entries must be registered via a completed entry form or online at www.allflex.global/uk/win
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach the Promoter by the relevant closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries and entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered. Entries become the property of the Promoter and are not returned.
- Prize is subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute an alternative prize of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner must claim their prize within 30 working days of the Promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
- The winner agrees to take part in reasonable post event publicity and to the use of their names and photographs in such publicity.
- The Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in Promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in Promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants or a representative of Promoter.
- By entering the prize draw each entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.